Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com> on 2015/02/13 19:29:11 UTC

1.8.x backport issue #4476 - svnsync with r0 mergeinfo - resolve the veto

Hi Philip. I've updated the 1.8.x nomination of issue #4476 - svnsync with r0 mergeinfo - to resolve the concern that's the subject of your veto. Please could you review and remove your veto if possible. Thanks.

- Julian

Re: 1.8.x backport issue #4476 - svnsync with r0 mergeinfo - resolve the veto

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
Philip Martin wrote:
> Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com> writes:
>> Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com> writes:
>>> Hi Philip. I've updated the 1.8.x nomination of issue #4476 - svnsync
>>> with r0 mergeinfo - to resolve the concern that's the subject of your
>>> veto. Please could you review and remove your veto if
>>> possible. Thanks.
>>
>> The new test, svnsync_tests.py 30, is a FAIL.

[...]
> Ah! This is issue 4538.  The test requires an svnadmin load that has
> that fixed.

Thanks for finding that. Bert has since nominated issue 4538 (don't strip r1 from mergeinfo) for backport, and he and I have +1'd it. Perhaps you could do so too?

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.
Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com> writes:

> Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com> writes:
>
>> Hi Philip. I've updated the 1.8.x nomination of issue #4476 - svnsync
>> with r0 mergeinfo - to resolve the concern that's the subject of your
>> veto. Please could you review and remove your veto if
>> possible. Thanks.
>
> The new test, svnsync_tests.py 30, is a FAIL.

Something has really gone wrong, the source repository for the sync has
the wrong content.  On trunk I see:

$ svnlook proplist -v svn-test-work/repositories/svnsync_tests-30 /D1
Properties on '/D1':
  svn:mergeinfo
    /a:1

$ svnlook proplist -v svn-test-work/repositories/svnsync_tests-30 /D2
Properties on '/D2':
  svn:mergeinfo
    /a:1
    /b:1*,2

On the 1.8.x branch I see:

$ svnlook proplist -v svn-test-work/repositories/svnsync_tests-30 /D1
Properties on '/D1':
  svn:mergeinfo

$ svnlook proplist -v svn-test-work/repositories/svnsync_tests-30 /D2
Properties on '/D2':
  svn:mergeinfo
    /b:2

The load is stripping some of the mergeinfo from D1, D2 and D3.

--
Philip Martin | Subversion Committer
WANdisco // *Non-Stop Data*

Re: 1.8.x backport issue #4476 - svnsync with r0 mergeinfo - resolve the veto

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.