Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com> on 2003/11/13 19:35:40 UTC

Validator and Indexed Properties

As of March 14, 2003 it appears that Struts/Commons validation does not
support indexed properties as such:

I have a collection of objects A where each A has some properties, call them
p1, p2, and p3.
I want to validate field p3 for each object A in the collection.

Is this currently possible with Struts1.1?

I've search the archives and found others with similar questions. Various
work arounds were presented, but I wanted to know if Struts provides
standard support for such a situation.

If so, I would appreciate some advice on how to construct my <field .../> or
a link to some documentation.

Here is a message in the archives which points to relavent attempts to
circumvent what was considered a bug.
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg63332.html

robert