Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Rodrigo Mosconi <co...@mosconi.mat.br> on 2017/11/26 15:12:10 UTC

Problem

Hi,

I`m trying to install couchdb2 on OpenBSD, (to provide a port/package
later). But the build fails because:

1 - The erlang binaries installed on OpenBSD are suffixed by the version,
so there is escript16, escript17, and so on.  On 1.X we could pass the erl
and erlc binaries throught the env vars ERL and ERLC.    I set some
symlinks on my test machine to "pass" this issue.

2 - The 1.x uses spidermonkey 1.9.2 as dependency.  Using the same
spidermonkey version the build on 2.x fails, for example:

Compiling /home/mosconi/apache-couchdb-2.1.1/src/couch/priv/couch_js/main.c
/home/mosconi/apache-couchdb-2.1.1/src/couch/priv/couch_js/main.c:44:5:
error: use of undeclared identifier 'JS_StrictPropertyStub'; did you mean
'JS_PropertyStub'?
    JS_StrictPropertyStub,
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    JS_PropertyStub
/usr/local/include/js/jsapi.h:1548:1: note: 'JS_PropertyStub' declared here
JS_PropertyStub(JSContext *cx, JSObject *obj, jsval id, jsval *vp);
^
/home/mosconi/apache-couchdb-2.1.1/src/couch/priv/couch_js/main.c:57:21:
warning: implicit declaration of function 'JS_NewObjectForConstructor' is
invalid in C99 [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    JSObject* obj = JS_NewObjectForConstructor(cx, vp);
                    ^
Is the spidermonkey 1.8.5 an must be exact version requirement?  There is
some work to build it with newer release?

Thanks

Re: Problem

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
> On 26. Nov 2017, at 16:12, Rodrigo Mosconi <co...@mosconi.mat.br> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I`m trying to install couchdb2 on OpenBSD, (to provide a port/package
> later). But the build fails because:
>
> 1 - The erlang binaries installed on OpenBSD are suffixed by the version,
> so there is escript16, escript17, and so on.  On 1.X we could pass the erl
> and erlc binaries throught the env vars ERL and ERLC.    I set some
> symlinks on my test machine to "pass" this issue.

Can you share where exactly this breaks?

> 2 - The 1.x uses spidermonkey 1.9.2 as dependency.  Using the same
> spidermonkey version the build on 2.x fails, for example:

CouchDB officially only supports SpiderMonkey 1.8.5, not sure how you got 1.9.2 to work :)

https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/1.x.x/configure.ac#L272-L275

Best
Jan