Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com> on 2014/03/10 16:30:03 UTC

Re: GSOC 2014 -- Dynamic calendar and scheduling tools for the Bloodhound issue tracker

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 2:23 AM, Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 2:02 AM, Devender <de...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Ryan,
>>
>> I am a 4th year student of the Department of Computer Science and
>> Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology( IIT),  Kharagpur, India.
>>
>> I am good at programming in Python, AJAX, PHP, MySQL, JavaScript,
>> jQuery, HTML, CSS and C++. I have worked on projects which used python
>> and web development technologies.
>>
>> I am very enthusiast to work with Apache in GSOC 2014. I have installed
>> and used the bloodhound and I am interested to work on this idea (
>> COMDEV-112 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMDEV-112>). I have
>> done setup for the basic development environment for Bloodhound. I have
>> been looking at the starter ticket<https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/query?status=!closed&keywords=~starter>
>> *,* but I don't know which ticket I should work on. Please guide me to
>> proceed for my proposal.
>>

> Hi Devender,
>
> Welcome!
>
> It might be good to familiarize yourself with Bootstrap by working ticket
> #570 (1). To get started,
>  1. Review the Bootstrap 2.3 documents
>  2. Copy the template
> bloodhound_multiproduct/multiproduct/templates/product_edit.html to
> bloodhound_theme/bhtheme/templates/bh_product_edit.html
>  3. Add bh_product_edit.html to the template map in
> bloodhound_theme/bhtheme/theme.py
>  4. Modify the markup in the template so that we get nice styling on
> multiple devices (desktop, tablet, mobile).
>
> You can study the other templates in bloodhound_theme to learn how the
> Boostrap markup can be used.
>
> For the COMDEV-112 project, it is a bit open-ended, which gives you a lot
> of room to work with the community to define the solution. You can get
> started by looking at the architecture of the plugins mentioned in #766 (3).
>
> (1) https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/570
> (2) http://getbootstrap.com/2.3.2/
> (3) https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/766

Devender, I didn't notice initially that you sent the email directly to me.
This is just a quick note to say that future emails should be directed to
the dev@bloodhound.apache.org list, which I've added to the Reply of this
email. This is to keep the whole Bloodhound community involved in your
project :)

Re: GSOC 2014 -- Dynamic calendar and scheduling tools for the Bloodhound issue tracker

Posted by Devender <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gary,

I have added those images to my proposal https://issues.apache.org/
bloodhound/wiki/Proposals/BEP-0015. Please provide your feedback.

Devender (Linkedin
Profile<http://in.linkedin.com/pub/devender-bindal/27/70b/133/>
)
4th Year Student
Dual Degree(B.Tech+M.Tech)
Computer Science and Engineering
IIT Kharagpur
Phone +91-8967224480
Alternate Email *devender@cse.iitkgp.ernet.in
<de...@cse.iitkgp.ernet.in>*

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.
Hi Devender,

Posted by Devender <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ryan,

I am working on two points as discussed on IRC :

1. How to modified the existing plugins in order to work with bloodhound to
implement the calendar view and other features.

i. Add Basic feature of month-long calendar view, showing the due date for
milestone and tickets
As bloodhound extends trac and it allow multiproduct support and good
interface with bootstrap. To use the existing trac ticket calendar plugin,
a. initially use this template(1) and add the bootstrap support,
b. then add the multiproduct support.(I need some help on this a and b
point)

ii. Add Several filters like filter by user, milestone, open/close ticket,
sort by priority asc/desc, reopened, status, assigned.
For this above a and b remain same but then to add any more filter i.e
product filter will be added to above plugin.

iii. Add Drag and drop feature for the schedule ticket onto the calendar
view.
yes that trac drag and drop(2) cannot be used, So I am thinking of starting
it with the jquery plugin but they will be use as example purpose for the
implementation.

iv. Scale the view: week, month, year.
Previous I mentioned to use the trac week plan plugin(3) but I think this
plugin need to significantly modify for our purpose because of no support
for ticket and milestone. So, I am thinking, when the above basic month
view will be done, then that calendar will be modified to create this week
and year view.So it will be like calendar view containing three view: year,
month and week with month view as default.

Please provide feedback about these points so that I can modify my proposal
as soon as possible.

[...]

(1)
https://trac-hacks.org/browser/ticketcalendarplugin/0.12/ticketcalendar/templates
(2) http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracDragDropPlugin
(3) https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/WeekPlanPlugin

Posted by Devender <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ryan,

Posted by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>.
Hi Devender,

You may use BEP-0015:

Posted by Devender <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ryan,

Fwd: GSOC 2014 -- Dynamic calendar and scheduling tools for the Bloodhound issue tracker

Posted by Devender <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Devender <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ryan,

[...]

In my last email, I have attached the basic product edit template but that
file missing a link, so I am attaching it again. Other than that I am
working on the ticket #570.

(1) https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/766
(2) https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TicketCalendarPlugin
(3) https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/WeekPlanPlugin