Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Clauson, Kelly" <ku...@cdc.gov> on 2003/06/18 17:39:13 UTC

hidden fields and extension tag errors with weblogic

I've developed a struts application that is working well on Tomcat and on
SilverStream. I'm now trying to deploy it to WebLogic 7.0 (Service Pack 2).

There are two problems occurring on WebLogic that do not occur with Tomcat
or SilverStream:

1) I get the following error trying to display a jsp that contains the
struts html select/options tags:

/list/myAddEdit.jsp(23): Non-matching extension tags //[ null; Line: 23]
probably occurred due to an error in /list/myAddEdit.jsp line 23:

The code from the jsp:
<bean:message key="week"/></td>

Any idea why weblogic complains about this?

2) The set methods are not being called on the form for hidden fields. I
have this code in my jsp:

      name="MyForm"
      type="com.foo.struts.MyForm">

   <bean:message key="state.id"/>: <%= request.getParameter("StateID")
%><br>

request.getParameter("StateID") %>"/>

StateID is a request parameter to the page. The setOrigStateID method is not
being called on MyForm. When deployed on Tomcat and SilverStream, the
sequence of events is:

MyForm.reset()
MyForm.setOrigStateID()
MyForm.validate()

With weblogic the sequence of events is

MyForm.reset()
MyForm.validate()

Obviously, this causes serious problems.

I would really appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Kelly