Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Dwayne Schultz <Dw...@Schultz.net> on 2000/03/15 19:00:38 UTC

Schema Sample Code

Does anyone have code sample using Schemas with Xerces?  Do I have to have
anything to set up the parser for it to work?  I am getting errors that
indicate the parser can't find any schema or DTD information at all (parser
complains that the first attribute must be declared for the root element
regardless of what that attribute is).

Java code:

DOMParser parser = new DOMParser();
parser.setErrorHandler(errorHandler);
try
{
    parser.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/validation", true);
    parser.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces", true);

parser.setFeature("http://apache.org/xml/features/dom/defer-node-expansion",
false);

    parser.parse(new InputSource("foo.xml"));
}
catch (SAXException lxException)
{
}

foo.xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Element1 Element1Attr="Stuff" xmlns="foo.xsd">
    <Element2 Name="2Name">
    </Element2>
</Element1>

foo.xsd:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE schema PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD
XML Schema Version 1.0//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/1999/09/23-xmlschema/structures/structures.dtd"

<schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema">
<element name="Element1">
    <type>
        <attribute name="Element1Attr" minOccurs="1"/>
        <element name="Element2">
            <type>
                <attribute name="Name" minOccurs="1"/>
            </type>