Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Naveen Swamy <mn...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/21 22:49:40 UTC

Scala Packages in Maven

I am working on publishing MXNet Scala packages of the 1.2 release to maven
and observed that there are about 20 packages that needs to be published. I
think this is too many of them and probably will confuse the users.

I think we can cut down the number of packages, I wanted ask if someone
knows why the below packages were published and if it is ok not publish
them going forward.

Proposing to not publish
---

mxnet-full-parent_2.11
mxnet-parent_2.11
mxnet-scala-native-parent
Any other packages that you propose to remove?
---

---Full List --
libmxnet-init-scala-{platform} x 2
libmxnet-scala-{platform} x 3
mxnet-core_2.11
mxnet-examples_2.11
mxnet-full-parent_2.11
mxnet-full_2.11-{platform} x 3
mxnet-infer_2.11
mxnet-init_2.11
mxnet-macros_2.11
mxnet-parent_2.11
mxnet-scala-init-native-parent
mxnet-scala-native-parent
mxnet-spark_2.11
---

Please let me know your thoughts?

Thanks, Naveen

Re: Scala Packages in Maven

Posted by Naveen Swamy <mn...@gmail.com>.
I am working to publish the full package for the 3 platforms that also
contains infer package. Spark package does not have any tests at the
moment. I think it needs some testing before we can publish to maven.

Re: Scala Packages in Maven

Posted by Hagay Lupesko <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Scala Packages in Maven

Posted by Naveen Swamy <mn...@gmail.com>.