Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/04 18:37:08 UTC

Re: can I run slider0.60 on hadoop2.5.X?

Slider 0.60 will only work with Hadoop 2.6.x.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
I've just checked and it looks lik eCDH5.3 is still based off Hadoop 2.5,
with some bits pulled up from 2.6; That's a shame.

I'll expect them to stay that way until something built on hadoop 2.7/2.8
comes out later this year.

Missing bits

-YARN labels; the CapacityScheduler doesn't support it, so the default CDH
scheduler won't do anything with them.
-YARN registry in a secure environment (RM won't set up the right
permissions)
-Credentials API

I'd worry about AM failover, but that's just a resilience issue, not an
API-level incompatibility.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE