Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/28 17:20:53 UTC

Elasticsearch sink that uses HTTP API

Hi,

Is there an Elasticsearch sink that uses ES' HTTP API?
If not, may I create a JIRA issue for it?

Thanks,
Otis

Re: Elasticsearch sink that uses HTTP API

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I think the existing ElasticSearchSink uses ES TransportClient to talk to ES.  But I'd like to be able to send data to ES HTTP API, so I can send it to, for example, Logsene ( https://sematext.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PUBLOGSENE ).  This is also easier when it comes to ES versions, while with TransportClient one has to make sure that the version of ES used by Flume matches the version of ES cluster.

Otis--

Solr & Elasticsearch Support * http://sematext.com/

Hi Otis,

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.