Posted to user@arrow.apache.org by Chang She <ch...@eto.ai> on 2023/01/03 01:36:15 UTC

[rust] StructBuilder with list-field not supported?

Hi there,

I noticed that StructBuilder::from_schema fails if the input schema has a
list field. This is because
https://docs.rs/arrow/0.12.0/src/arrow/builder.rs.html#600. I can work
around it by adding the ListBuilder manually, but I just wanted to ask if
this was done intentionally due to any gotchas.

Thanks!

Chang

Re: [rust] StructBuilder with list-field not supported?

Posted by Raphael Taylor-Davies <r....@googlemail.com>.
It is purely an oversight, there isn't a technical reason that I am
aware of.

I have created a ticket here
<https://github.com/apache/arrow-rs/issues/3434> and will try to bash
something out later today, it should be relatively straightforward.

Posted by Chang She <ch...@eto.ai>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hello,