Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jimisola Laursen <li...@jimisola.com> on 2006/07/12 13:33:35 UTC

Default standard location for resources that shouldn't be in classpath

Hi!

The Standard Directory Layout doesn't seem to specify where resource files
that shouldn't be added to the classpath should be placed (hence, not
src/main/resources).

I consider, e.g. FreeMarker template files, as some sort of resource files
and not a configuration files, so src/main/config doesn't feel appropriate
either.

Also, Standard Directory Layout only seem to specifiythat target directory
"is used to house all output of the build". Are locations of where class
files go (target/classes), test class files (target/test-classes),
autogenerated source code (target/generated-sources) etc specified or is
this according to custom (an accepted procedure)?

It would also be of interest to have common location for the location of
files that are needed under build time but aren't source code or to be put
in classpath.

Hope that my thoughts aren't to project specific to my own project. I assume
that there are to be others with similar usage.

Regards,
Jimisola