Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> on 2010/01/10 20:50:47 UTC

Tika Dependency to bouncycastle lib..Tika 0.5 / Tika 0.6-SNAPSHOT...

Hi,

i have a question concerning the dependency to the bouncy castle lib
bcprov...and bcmail ...

On the web-site of Tika is currently a statement about that lib, but on
the other hand i can't find a given dependency in the pom's ....and i
don't see a given dependency if i do an mvn dependency:tree on my
project...nor on tika trunk as well (R:897691)...

And my problem is that these libs (bc..) seemed to be needed for PDF
encryption ....but this would result in a dependency to those libraries ?

May be you can give me tip...or is this intentional to remove these
libraries ?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

Re: Tika Dependency to bouncycastle lib..Tika 0.5 / Tika 0.6-SNAPSHOT...

Posted by Ken Krugler <kk...@transpac.com>.
See my post from Jan 6th about this issue. The problem is that PDFBox
flags the bc.. dependencies as optional.

-- Ken

On Jan 10, 2010, at 11:50am, Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i have a question concerning the dependency to the bouncy castle lib
> bcprov...and bcmail ...
>
> On the web-site of Tika is currently a statement about that lib, but
> on the other hand i can't find a given dependency in the
> pom's ....and i don't see a given dependency if i do an mvn
> dependency:tree on my project...nor on tika trunk as well (R:
> 897691)...
>
> And my problem is that these libs (bc..) seemed to be needed for PDF
> encryption ....but this would result in a dependency to those
> libraries ?
>
> May be you can give me tip...or is this intentional to remove these
> libraries ?
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise
> --
> SoftwareEntwicklung Beratung Schulung    Tel.: +49 (0) 2405 / 415 893
> Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
> Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
> 52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378
http://bixolabs.com