Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rajath Shashidhara <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/01 16:06:11 UTC

GSoC

Hello Everyone,

Due to lack of time, I will not be able to write the application for CMIS
UCP project.
I'm sticking to my Earlier "Export spreadsheets to Database format"
application.

Please consider the availability of mentor again and give me a chance to
participate in GSoC.

--
Rajath S,
M.Sc(Hons.) Physics,

Re: GSoC

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 01/05/2013 Rajath Shashidhara wrote:
> Due to lack of time, I will not be able to write the application for CMIS
> UCP project.
> I'm sticking to my Earlier "Export spreadsheets to Database format"
> application.

As you wish. But, if the system allows you to submit two applications
for the OpenOffice project, my suggestion would be to apply for both
projects; Ariel already gave you a quite complete overview of the steps
for CMIS UCP, which you can reuse to quickly build a timeline in an
application.

> Please consider the availability of mentor again and give me a chance to
> participate in GSoC.

You've shown dedication and understanding of our project and community
and I'm sure this will be (positively) evaluated too; community
understanding is very important at Apache and we won't just read the
application.

That said, I'd prefer that not only we can give you a chance to start a
GSoC project, but that we can also guarantee that you can successfully
complete it too, with an experienced developer at your side. We will do
our best in any case, and as you have seen people are ready to step in
and help; but this is more likely to happen with the CMIS UCP project,
probably.

Regards,
   Andrea.