Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Manuel Christen <mc...@flyaway.ch> on 2003/04/11 09:50:50 UTC

mod_perl and Apache::RPC::Server

Having problems with mod_perl and Apache::RPC::Server

Basically have some perl modules written for RPC::XML::Server to handle XML-RPC methods. I'm now migrating this code to run under Apache with mod_perl, using the Apache::RPC::Server subclass of RPC::XML::Server

So far I've managed to get the system.* methods to be available but nothing else - the problem is how do I "register" the existing Perl modules written for RPC::XML::Server when using Apache::PRC::Server. Originally I was doing this with the add_proc() method but this doesn't seem to work with Apache::RPC::Server (at least not within httpd.conf)

In httpd.conf I have the following;

<Perl>

$main::sysmon = Apache::RPC::Server->new(
					no_default=>1,
					path=>'/sysmon/'
					);

$main::sysmon->add_method('system.listMethods');

$Location{'/sysmon'} =
    {
        SetHandler => 'perl-script',
        PerlHandler => '$main::sysmon'
    };

</Perl>

How to I register the XML-RPC methods in my .pm modules here?

Many thanks!
Manuel