Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Luis <lm...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/08/28 16:25:19 UTC

Question about Advance networking configuration

Hi
I am configuring an advance networking and thanks to Simon Weller and Daniel Herrmann to clarify the VLAN configuration, after configuring the VLAN correctly I created a VM, this starts correctly but when I try to see the console I get an error that can't be displayed, this is what I am using, i am connected to my manager server using 10.0.0.0 and the browser can't display the console on the public ip 209.229.131.11,
Some of my questions are, why is trying to use an ip from the public range and not one from the internal ip's?Can I block users from acquiring public ip and let the admin to assign the ip to the client?On my XenServer I have the VM I created and 5 more, is this correct?

management :10.0.0.0public: 209.229.131.0
thank you for your help.

Re: Question about Advance networking configuration

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Luis,

First of all – you can’t attach images, they get wiped – if you want attach images just put them up on an image sharing / clipboard site and put the link in your post.

You’ve not told us anything about your networking and environment – mainly is your CloudStack environment actually connected to a public internet facing network, or did you just pick the 209.229.131.x network?

Either way the issue is most likely that you can’t route to that IP range – or that you have firewall settings preventing you from accessing it.

To answer your questions:
- CloudStack has to use a public range IP address for your CPVM since it is built to present this to an end user over the internet or external to the CloudStack infrastructure. If your CS infrastructure is internet facing then the IP address for the CPVM has to be internet facing as well, otherwise your end users couldn’t access it.
- “Can I block users from acquiring public ip and let the admin to assign the ip to the client?” > have a read of the networking guides. If you are using basic networking then your guest network is effectively the same as the public network, if you are using advanced networking then the public IP is assigned to the public interface of the users Virtual Router.
- “On my XenServer I have the VM I created and 5 more, is this correct?” > all depends, if this is a new infrastructure you should have at the very minimum s-1-VM (SSVM) and v-2-VM (CPVM). If you have created a user VM you will have two more if you are using advanced networking – one VR and one user VM.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue

From: Luis <lm...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Date: Monday, 28 August 2017 at 17:25
To: "users@cloudstack.apache.org" <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Question about Advance networking configuration

Hi

I am configuring an advance networking and thanks to Simon Weller and Daniel Herrmann to clarify the VLAN configuration, after configuring the VLAN correctly I created a VM, this starts correctly but when I try to see the console I get an error that can't be displayed, this is what I am using, i am connected to my manager server using 10.0.0.0 and the browser can't display the console on the public ip 209.229.131.11,

Some of my questions are, why is trying to use an ip from the public range and not one from the internal ip's?
Can I block users from acquiring public ip and let the admin to assign the ip to the client?
On my XenServer I have the VM I created and 5 more, is this correct?

[nline image]

management :10.0.0.0
public: 209.229.131.0

thank you for your help.