Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> on 2022/01/19 17:55:27 UTC

[NOTICE] Apache NetBeans 13 release candidate 1 available for testing

The first release candidate build for Apache NetBeans 13 is available
(links below).

Please help with testing, and file issues in GitHub .. yes, GitHub! ..
as necessary -

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues

If you're a committer adding an issue, or helping triage an issue
(please do!), add the milestone and/or priority labels as appropriate.
Use priority:high for should be fixed before release,
priority:critical for must be fixed before we can release.

**The following rules are applied to pull requests from now until release:**

PR's intended to be included in the 13 release :
 - Limited to fixes (no need for a ticket!)
 - Base on the delivery branch.
 - Mark with NB13 milestone (we'll monitor - no need to add us all as
reviewers!).
 - Will be merged by the release team.
 - Will be assessed against bug priorities - please use the
priority:high and priority:critical labels here too.

PR's with features for NB14 :
 - Base on the master branch.
 - Will be reviewed and merged in the usual way.
 - If possible stay away from big refactoring.
 - If possible do not overlap with fixes for 13 (delivery will be
merged to master weekly).

The NetBeans 13-rc1 artefacts (inc. some unsigned installers) are here :
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/job/netbeans-TLP/job/netbeans/job/release130/4/artifact/dist/

Link to the binary zip:
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/job/netbeans-TLP/job/netbeans/job/release130/4/artifact/dist/netbeans/netbeans-13-rc1-bin.zip
SHA512: fa95f19d22c9030dd0282d05e601a3ea44961b17467c685247f654009d553987aa649a5c40252d45458eb41f9a05730a058f4f7a9149c2ab78bd69b799c8668e

The sources are here:
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/job/netbeans-TLP/job/netbeans/job/release130/4/artifact/dist/netbeans/netbeans-13-rc1-source.zip
SHA512: 89aaf75aaf04b11c6249520a232c67ffb057391686206f915da2dc770242030adee78430503addfa6d15373052f36aee2b6c6a6c431a5b3a6ac6bc6c7d1679d5

The PRs already integrated into 13 are :
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pulls?q=is%3Aclosed+milestone%3ANB13

Release schedule :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Release+Schedule

Bug Priority Guidelines (outdated - needs review based on labelling above) :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Bug+Priority+Guidelines

NB 13 major changes (HELP wanted to complete - currently nothing there!) :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+NetBeans+13

Thank you for your contributions!

Best wishes,

Neil

PS. Please don't respond to this email directly - start a new thread.
Let's keep the [NOTICE] tag for what it says. Thanks! :-)

Re: [NOTICE] Apache NetBeans 13 release candidate 1 available for testing

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Will never happen out of nowhere until you file an issue about this or,
better still, provide a pull request with a Maven archetype providing this.

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues

Gj

Re: "Java class libray" with maven (was: Re: [NOTICE] Apache NetBeans 13 release candidate 1 available for testing)

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 at 16:34, Chuck Davis <cj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know there is a Maven template for an application but as you say that has
> a main class, etc.

I was about to say, "does it?", then realised I was running 12.6.  So
this has changed, by https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/3262 I
guess.  Maybe there is an argument we should have two templates in
future.

Thanks for taking this off the [NOTICE] thread btw - that was added
for a few people who complained they'd missed release info due to the
level of traffic on dev@ - would like to try and keep those threads
empty if possible.

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: "Java class libray" with maven (was: Re: [NOTICE] Apache NetBeans 13 release candidate 1 available for testing)

Posted by Chuck Davis <cj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthias.  I'm just being a nerd.

I know there is a Maven template for an application but as you say that has
a main class, etc.  A library is just a collection of classes used by other
classes.  It's not difficult to delete the main class but why do Ant and
Gradle get a "class library" project but not Maven?  I know it's all
syntactic sugar as they say and I can certainly make a java class library
but seems like an inconsistency (or discrimination) that Ant and Gradle get
a project type but Maven does not....

Thanks for your answer, nevertheless.

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Hi Chuck,

Posted by Chuck Davis <cj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carl Mosca <ca...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the reminder Gj.  Yes, very nice indeed!!

Carl

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 2:55 AM Geertjan Wielenga
<ge...@googlemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> Wow, excellent, no dialogs or popups or nb-javac messages or messages about
> JavaFX.
>
> I simply created my first project (OK, features needed to be enabled, which
> makes sense).
>
> Great initial experience. Really great, big step forward in our evolution.
>
> Please try it, all.
>
> Gj
>
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 8:01 PM Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 at 18:55, Thomas Kellerer <sh...@gmx.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > Not sure if this is a bug or intended.
> > >
> > > The "Find in Projects" now uses a multi-line input field for the search
> > term ("Containing text").
> > > Which has the effect that hitting ENTER inside that field, just creates
> > a new line (even though the field is displayed as a single line) and does
> > not start the search (as it used to be the previous version).
> > >

> > Presumably this - https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/3393
> >
> > Please note the PS, and take the discussion off into a new thread,
> thanks!
> >
> > Neil

Carl J. Mosca

Re: [NOTICE] Apache NetBeans 13 release candidate 1 available for testing

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

multiline search/replace

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/3489

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues/3487#issuecomment-1018985385

please test if this works for you

-mbien

Posted by Thomas Kellerer <sh...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Eric Barboni <Er...@irit.fr>.
Hi,

I put this out dev because of some limitation explained below(1):

 There is a staging repository https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenetbeans-1094
 This is to check for your mavenized platform with the new nbjavac dep .

(1) I reach the 25000 limit per ip per 24 on staging and get banned. So only use if you have subset of clusters in your apps.

Best Regards
Eric