Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by hadoopman <ha...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/14 00:16:38 UTC

Hive regex SerDe issue?

Is there an issue with using the regex SerDe with loading into Hive text
files above 2 gigs in size?  I've been experiencing out of memory errors
with a select group of logs when running a hive job.  I have been able
to load the data if I use split to cut it in half or thirds.  No problem.

Googling around and figured I'd ask while I'm digging into this.

Thanks!

Re: Hive regex SerDe issue?

Posted by hadoopman <ha...@gmail.com>.
I appreciate the feedback.  I'll check in the morning.  We're running
64bit Ubuntu 10.04 LTS server and I 'believe' it should all be 64 bit
but I'll verify that.

Thanks !!

Re: Hive regex SerDe issue?

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.