Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Bhavani Iyer <bh...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/03 17:42:21 UTC

[VOTE] Release UIMA C++ SDK 2.4.0

UIMACPP Release Candidate 6 is ready for voting.

The release build is staged at:
http://people.apache.org/~bhavani/uimacpp-release-candidates/2.4.0/06/

The SVN tag is:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimacpp/tags/uimacpp-2.4.0-rc6/

The issues fixed are in the RELEASE_NOTES.html in the src/bin packages.
They can also be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+UIMA+AND+fixVersion+%3D+12319446+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ] 0   Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Thanks.

--   Bhavani

   Bhavani  S. Iyer
   IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
   Hawthorne, NY 10532
   Tel: 914-784-6954  T/L:8-863-6954
   bsiyer@us.ibm.com

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA C++ SDK 2.4.0

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Thanks for voting, Peter.

Just as a reminder, this page
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release says that before
voting +1, you have to (at least) download the source code package, and see if
it builds (on some platform), and do some minimal test that the build works.
You should also verify the package has the required content:  license / notice
info, signing keys, etc.

A complete test is not needed, but of course is valuable :-).

-Marshall

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
oops, forgot to say I also:

- checked the license & notice files in the various distrs
-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I've done the following:

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Just for the record, I tried this (running via deployCppService) on Windows:

- In addition to downloading/unzipping/setting up UIMACPP & building the
DaveDetector:
  -- Download and unzip the UIMA-AS binary distribution, and set UIMA_HOME to that
- Add UIMA_HOME/bin to the PATH
- Start a broker on localhost by typing startBroker in a new command window.
Leave it up and running.
- In a new command window, cd $UIMACPP_HOME/examples
- deployCppService descriptors/DaveDetector.xml DAVEDETECTOR
- copy $UIMA_HOME/examples/descriptors/as/MeetingDetectorAsyncAE.xml to
DaveDetector.xml in the same directory, edit
    DaveDetector.xml to change MeetingDetectorTaeQueue ==> DAVEDETECTOR
- export UIMA_JVM_OPTS=-DdefaultBrokerURL=tcp://localhost:61616
   from same directory as DaveDetector.xml: runAE.sh DaveDetector.xml ../../data

and it ran OK.

-Marshall

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
> It's possible to build ActiveMQ CPP with SSL disabled - the default build
> setup for ActiveMQ CPP on Windows
> does not enable SSL.  That should remove the dependencies on the ssl and
> cryto libraries.
Sounds good. As long as it is documented in the readme, users can rebuild
with these features enabled if necessary.

> This last release candidate also had some changes to the build of the
> scriptators. Please test that also and
> report any problems you may find.
All scriptators built and ran fine in my testing. The only change was for Tcl,
to update -ltcl8.4 to -ltcl8.5 to match the local version.

Eddie

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA C++ SDK 2.4.0

Posted by Bhavani Iyer <bh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks to Eddie and Marshall for testing the release candidate.

It's possible to build ActiveMQ CPP with SSL disabled - the default build
setup for ActiveMQ CPP on Windows
does not enable SSL.  That should remove the dependencies on the ssl and
cryto libraries.

The make sdk not handling the --prefix setting is a bug in Makefile.am that
should be fixed.

This last release candidate also had some changes to the build of the
scriptators. Please test that also and
report any problems you may find.

Thanks
Bhavani