Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Daniel Melo <em...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/10 18:18:44 UTC

qpid-python installation

Hi,

I'm trying to install qpid-python on a Windows 7 machine (sorry about
that). I'm also using Python2.7

Here's how I'm trying to install it:

I pulled your github.com/apache/qpid-python repository

Then from the command line inside the folder where the setup.py is located
I run:
pyhton setup.py install

That's when I get the error about when install_lib starts running.
It seems to copy the contents from build\lib\ to
C:\Python27\Lib\site-packeges\qpid\ fine, but at some point I get the
follwing message:
caching C:\Python27\Lib\site-packeges\qpid\specs\amqp-0-10-qpid-errata-stripped.xml
to amqp-0-10-qpid-errata-stripped.pcl
error: [Errno socket error] [Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed

So, I'm not sure how to proceed. Any ideas on the error?

I took a look inside the setup.py file line 276, where install_lib is
located and I can see that you for the "amqp-0-10-qpid-errata-stripped.xml"
string there, that the error message is printed from there, but not much
more than that.

Do I have to have the qpid-proton installed for this to work?

Thank you,
Kind regards,

Daniel