Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Didier Donsez <di...@imag.fr> on 2009/02/15 09:59:23 UTC

Re: Are there JMX MBeans for Felix OSGi framework?

Miroslav, Sahoo

As OA supporter, I do not the right to access to the RFC-139 (JMX
Control of OSGi). Same for Stephane.

stephane frenot wrote:

 >I don't know exactly the RFC-139 content,
 >but there is an implementation of JMX management for felix in the mosgi
 >subproject.
 >
 >You can try it if you go in the mosgi/doc directory and run core.sh, which
 >the jmx agent and some jmx mbeans and jmxconsole.sh which is a jmx jsr160
 >remote console under OSGi.
 >
 >Regards
 >/stephane
 >
 >2009/1/6 Miroslav Nachev <m....@prosyst.bg>

On my side, I have developed a set of MXBeans for OSGi (Bundle list,
Felix shell) and the associated plugins for the JConsole/JVisualVM

Have a glance on
http://membres-liglab.imag.fr/donsez/dev/osgi/jconsole.osgi/jconsole.felixshell.swf

I showed those plugins to Jerome D.  during the Berlin User Event

Some are on my Web page
http://membres-liglab.imag.fr/donsez/dev/osgi/jconsole.osgi/
And some on my sandbox
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/felix/sandbox/donsez/mbean.shell/
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/felix/sandbox/donsez/mbean.shell.felix/

Unfortunatly, the JConsole plugin API is "GPL2 Classpath Extension".
So I'm sure if a plugin developed for the JConsole could ASL2 !!
The Sun and Apache licencing experts may solve the problem of the
license compatibility between ASL2 and GPL2 Classpath Extension.
I mentionned that to Rick

Kind regards

Didier

Miroslav Nachev wrote:

> Hello Sahoo,
>
> Before a week I asked similar question:
>
>> There are no plans at this particular moment in time. We do have some
>> subprojects dealing with JMX and OSGi, so in the long run it would be
>> nice to see these adapted to implement RFC 139. We just need people
>> to step up and contribute it.
>>
>> -> richard
>>
>> Miroslav Nachev wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are there any plans for Felix to support RFC-139 (JMX Control of OSGi)?
>>

>> Regards,
>> Miro.
>

> Regards,
> Miro.
>

> Sahoo wrote:
>
>> Is there any subproject in Felix where JMX MBeans for Felix are
>> developed? If not, is there any plan in place for such an activity?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sahoo

Didier DONSEZ

Laboratoire LIG, Equipe ADELE
Universite Joseph Fourier
Bat. C, 220 rue de la Chimie, Domaine Universitaire
BP 53, 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Tel : +33 4 76 63 55 49           Fax : +33 4 76 63 55 50
GPS : lat 45°11'38.3"N, lon 05°46'14.7"E, alt 223m

mailto:Didier.Donsez@imag.fr
Map:http://membres-liglab.imag.fr/donsez/map/map.html

Re: Are there JMX MBeans for Felix OSGi framework?

Posted by Didier Donsez <di...@imag.fr>.
GPL2 Classpath Extension -> GPL2 Classpath Exception
Sorry
Didier