Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "gdilem@libero.it" <gd...@libero.it> on 2004/12/01 10:46:48 UTC

basic authentication

Hi all
I'd like to have a basic authentication with apache http.I want that apache read user e pwd by a text file and does the authentication.Any Idea on how to configure it?
Regards
Giovanni

Libero ADSL: 3 mesi gratis e navighi a 1.2 Mega, senza costi di attivazione.
Abbonati subito su http://www.libero.it

Re: basic authentication

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, gdilem@libero.it wrote:

> I'd like to have a basic authentication with apache http.I want that
> apache read user e pwd by a text file and does the authentication.Any
> Idea on how to configure it?

This is a list for developers. I.e. people who write the apache code; You
want to ask this question on the users mailing list; i.e. the list of
peopple who know how to use the apache server.

Meanwhile do read:

	http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/auth.html
and.or
	http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/auth.html