Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Gershkovich, Peter" <pe...@yale.edu> on 2017/09/14 19:22:47 UTC

negation

Hi everyone,
I just started working with your system and running some examples in the source. (A very impressive work, by the way!)

In one instance while running ProcessLinesClinicalRunner class in source examples I noticed that a typical phrase that occur often in pathology reports (- NEGATIVE FOR MALIGNANT CELLS.)
produced the following log:

15,30	MALIGNANT CELLS
		| affirmed | certain | not conditional | not generic | patient | history of: 0

Then I tried it with "- NEGATIVE FOR MALIGNANCY.” Here the system correctly identified negation.

15,25	MALIGNANCY
		| negated | certain | not conditional | not generic | patient | history of: 0

Could you please let me know if I have to modify the settings for the system to recognize this type of negation or there is something else that I am doing wrong.

Thanks
Peter