Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Gale, David" <Da...@Hypertherm.com> on 2006/09/12 13:23:09 UTC

JDeveloper 10.1.3.0.4 & svn 1.4.0 -- Malformed network data?

I upgraded our svn server yesterday to 1.4.0, and tested through the
command line and tortoisesvn (both 1.3.2 versions, using 1.3.2 working
copies).  Everything looked good.  I have not yet upgraded the
repositories to 1.4.0 through a dump-load process.

This morning, one of our Java developers said that they're having
problems with committing to the repository--every commit results in
"Malformed Network Data", and the files are marked as having conflicts.
He said that they'd applied a service pack to their JDeveloper installs
last Friday, and isn't sure that they tried committing to the repository
between then and when I upgraded the server.  They're now on JDeveloper
10.1.3.0.4(SU5).

Is anyone else having this issue?  Or, does anyone have any idea what we
could do to fix it?

The server is redhat, running svnserve.  There is no proxy.

Thanks,
-David

Re: JDeveloper 10.1.3.0.4 & svn 1.4.0 -- Malformed network data?

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@softlanding.com>.
Mark Phippard <ma...@softlanding.com> wrote on 09/12/2006 09:43:23 AM:

> I believe that JDeveloper uses JavaSVN to talk to Subversion.  I know
that
> this has not been updated to 1.4 yet, but I would assume that would only

> cause problems with working copy formats.  I wonder if the server and
> client are not property negotiating the use of the new svndiff1 protocol

> format?  It should fall back to the old format but maybe JavaSVN is not
> handling something correctly.
>
> Just speculating.  I am not even sure if JDeveloper uses JavaSVN
> exclusively or not.

I just setup a local 1.4 svnserve and tried Subclipse with JavaSVN.  I did
not run into any problems.  Subclipse is using a fairly recent JavaSVN.  I
found this article:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/htdocs/partners/addins/exchange/subversion/subversion.html

It tells you how to replace JavaSVN with the Subversion 1.3.2 JavaHL
binaries.  You might try that on one system to see if it makes a
difference.

Mark

Re: JDeveloper 10.1.3.0.4 & svn 1.4.0 -- Malformed network data?

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@softlanding.com>.