Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Akbar, Gul" <Gu...@bl.uk> on 2004/04/07 14:44:12 UTC

multiple entries for a parameter!

Hi all,

I have recently compiled and installed a copy of JMeter.
Having run the GUI I found that for the section where you specify parameters
for the HTTP request, there is no options to vary that parameter; for
example:

I have the following script:  /cgi-bin/dba.cgi
and a parameter (over GET method) is query.

I would like to test many different values for this parameter. So how would
I go about doing something like the following:

    http://someserver.com/cgi-bin/dba.cgi?query=rome
<http://someserver.com/cgi-bin/dba.cgi?query=rome>

    http://someserver.com/cgi-bin/dba.cgi?query=paris
<http://someserver.com/cgi-bin/dba.cgi?query=paris>

    etc....

Regards
Gul

----------------
Gul Akbar
01937 54-6004
www.gakbar.co.uk <http://www.gakbar.co.uk/>

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk

Adopt a Book this season ! Help the British Library conserve the world's
knowledge.  www.bl.uk/adoptabook

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the
postmaster@bl.uk : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or
copied without the sender's consent.

author and do not necessarily reflect those of the British Library. The
British Library does not take any responsibility for the views of the
author.

Re: multiple entries for a parameter!

Posted by mstover <ms...@rochester.rr.com>.
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/JMeterFAQ#head-2bd2acc0ddc4dc65e9aad086b024ff6b81bd751b
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/functions.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#User_Defined_Variables
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#User_Parameters

That should get you started.  But please, don't stop there.  It's but
the tip of the iceberg on varying your parameters.

-Mike