Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/28 15:53:35 UTC

What is supposed to show up in Examples?

Folks,

Drew & I are waiting for the rest of you to tell us what you want to
see under 'examples' in a release before we either make another
candidate or fiddle with the assembly descriptor and then make another
candidate.

-benson

Re: What is supposed to show up in Examples?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
OK, then. One candidate, coming up.

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Jeff Eastman
<jd...@windwardsolutions.com> wrote:
> As far as I know, the only thing required is the bin directory and
> build-reuters.sh. I'm pretty sure the lda.algorithm is obsolete. After
> build-reuters is executed there will be a work directory constructed in bin,
> but it contains all the reuters raw and computed files that should not be in
> the distribution. I don't know of any purpose for the other files in
> examples.
>
> On 10/28/10 6:59 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:
>>
>> I just need someone to either say,
>>
>>  'go ahead with just the bin directory'
>>
>> or
>>
>> 'add in build.properties' (an empty file)
>>
>> or
>>
>> we also need the following other items.
>>
>> The first choice, of course, is simplest, and I could start candidate
>> production immediately.
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 9:57 AM, Sean Owen<sr...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> I am blissfully ignorant of what should go there. I don't need anything
>>> there myself.
>>> Whatever the answer I suggest:
>>>
>>> 1) Thanks Benson / Drew for slugging it out. I have nowhere near the
>>> knowledge to do so
>>> 2) We should try to get *something* finished today
>>> 3) To that end, hacks and band-aids are welcome. Does it make sense to,

Posted by Jeff Eastman <jd...@windwardsolutions.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.