Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Vladimir Beliaev <vl...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/19 10:37:05 UTC

[drlvm][winx86][build][gc_gen] pls fix gc_gen build on windows/em64t

Recent changes in gc_gen breaks the windows/em64t build.

Please get it fixed - I've opened HARMONY-3421  for it.

Please get the build gc_gen warnings on windows/em64t fixed too.

Please get your changes checked on windows/em64t (at reasonable level -
just a 'build' in case of gc_gen).

Thanks
Vladimir Beliaev

Re: [drlvm][winx86][build][gc_gen] pls fix gc_gen build on windows/em64t

Posted by Xiao-Feng Li <xi...@gmail.com>.
Ok, to summarize, we have two things to resolve:

1. Building process of Harmony for Windows 64bit.
2. Inlined assembly porting for Windows 64bit.

We probably should put the existing status and BKM to wiki for
people's reference.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

Posted by Rana Dasgupta <rd...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I understand now, thanks.

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@gmail.com>.

--
Gregory

Re: [drlvm][winx86][build][gc_gen] pls fix gc_gen build on windows/em64t

Posted by Rana Dasgupta <rd...@gmail.com>.
Is there any general guideline on how we are porting __asm ?

Thanks,
Rana

Posted by Vladimir Beliaev <vl...@gmail.com>.
Right,

Posted by Vladimir Beliaev <vl...@gmail.com>.
 > As for the community, we hope any criticisms be constructive...

That's why I did not write "this is good" or "this is bad" but I wrote
"It is the same to win/ia32" and "I propose"...

I did not mean to hurt anyone.

Whatever... I can prepare updates to quickhelp_contributors.html by
myself & Nadia can commit them (looks like she supports my proposal).
Especially because we have Linux/X86_64 build & Linux/IA64 one & looks
like quickhelp_contributors.html says nothing about them.

Peace,

Vladimir Beliaev

Posted by Xiao-Feng Li <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vladimir Beliaev <vl...@gmail.com>.
Xiao Feng,

Posted by Xiao-Feng Li <xi...@gmail.com>.

RE: Re: [drlvm][winx86][build][gc_gen] pls fix gc_gen build on windows/em64t

Posted by "Morozova, Nadezhda" <na...@intel.com>.
+1 for the following:

>So I propose move pretty helpful (but not windows/em64t specific) stuff
>written by Xiao-Feng to some common build instruction (like
>http://harmony.apache.org/quickhelp_contributors.html) - let's get
>information structured & not splashed over tons of documents. And
(might
>be) keep one line in this one like "use msvc2005, no other diffs"... Or
>better extend quickhelp_contributors.html with 'windows/em64t' build
>information (why do we create one more build instruction)???

I can assist creating the actual text if needed.

Cheers,
Nadya

Posted by Vladimir Beliaev <vl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
thanks.  you da man!

Posted by Xiao-Feng Li <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@gmail.com>.

--
Gregory

Re: [drlvm][winx86][build][gc_gen] pls fix gc_gen build on windows/em64t

Posted by Xiao-Feng Li <xi...@gmail.com>.
Have you any build guide for Win64? Thanks,

-xiaofeng

Posted by Vladimir Beliaev <vl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xiao-Feng Li <xi...@gmail.com>.