Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by anthony shaw <an...@apache.org> on 2017/06/24 10:00:51 UTC

[dev] [DISCUSS] libcloud 2.1

It's been 2 months since the last release, we've had tons of PR's, lots of
bug fixes and also a new driver for Google Container Engine (exciting!)

We're slowly getting packages for RedHat, Centos, Fedora (rpm based)
updated to 2.0, some were as old as 0.20.0
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2017-6d6c5cd543

Also, the Debian package management team have given me some feedback to
help get the 2.0 packages into debian and ubuntu.

So, it's time we released 2.1, there would be 1 big change, to disable LXML
by default. Although, from testing that I've done- it doesn't work properly
anyway- so we're just preventing it from crashing when used in a virtualenv
where lxml exists.

https://github.com/apache/libcloud/blob/trunk/CHANGES.rst#changes-in-current-version-of-apache-libcloud

Re: [dev] [DISCUSS] libcloud 2.1

Posted by Eric Johnson <er...@apache.org>.
I'm in favor of 2.1 (pending any work Tomaz brought up for lxml).

Re: [dev] [DISCUSS] libcloud 2.1

Posted by Tomaz Muraus <to...@apache.org>.
Sorry for a late response.