Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/27 18:17:28 UTC

REPORT: Apache Tiles

As committed to svn...

Apache Tiles is a templating framework for modern Java applications. Based upon
the Composite pattern it is built to simplify the development of user
interfaces.

This quarter has shown a dramatic spike in activity on the Tiles User
mailing list.
That activity has spurred us to release the first GA release of version 3 of the
framework. Most of the mailing list activity consisted of users asking questions
and seeking advice. The PMC was active in answering these questions, but several
community members have assisted others in doing the same. It is my hope that
some of this activity may lead to new committers joining the project.

Releases:

The Tiles PMC had our first GA release of the 3.x branch of the framework this
quarter. Apache Tiles 3.0.3 was released with a quality stamp of GA in November.

Community:

There have been no changes to the Tiles community in this quarter.
The last addition to the PMC was in April, 2012.