Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Fuchs, Andreas (SwissTXT)" <An...@swisstxt.ch> on 2012/11/01 09:26:38 UTC

RE: Users of type 'User' and 'Domain-Admin' cannot update their own passwords / account details / create sub-domains

Hi Kristoffer

We suffer the same issues, opened a feature request a while ago. So please open one too maybe it helps if there are more people requesting those features.
A half a year ago there was talking about a proper RBAC system but so far nothing happened on this topic.
There are more issues: a normal user can also not create his key and secret, also here the root admin has to do it.

For the password issue our workaround was to use LDAP as authentication backend with a system where the user has access to the LDAP to change his password. But be prepared to fight other CS issues to get the LDAP backend working (at least in 3.0.4, we had to change md5HashedLogin to false in sharedFunctions.js, the config can only be done over the API and is not reflected in global settings, there is no fallback or mixed authentication possible from LDAP to local auth).

Regards
Andi

From: Kristoffer Sheather - Cloud Central <kr...@cloudcentral.com.au>>
To: Alena Prokharchyk <al...@citrix.com>>
Cc: "'cloudstack-users@incubator. org'" <cl...@incubator.apache.org>>

So how does a user reset their own password?  We need to enable users to reset their own passwords without our involvement.

Consider the service provider use case, we need to delegate things like resetting user passwords to the account holders themselves.

We also need to allow Domain-Admin's to be able to create additional accounts and sub-domains within their domain.  This caters for the 'multi-level' reseller use case.

________________________________
Posted by sx chen <cl...@gmail.com>.
We've also met these questions.
And We had to do some development to meet the requirement.
Also hope for the RBAC feature,When will it release?

Re: Users of type 'User' and 'Domain-Admin' cannot update their own passwords / account details / create sub-domains

Posted by sx chen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Prachi Damle <Pr...@citrix.com>.
Hi Kristoffer,

I am working on a role-based access system feature and will send out a concrete functional spec. when it is ready. The use case of granting user the access to change password/generate keys will be considered as part of this work.

Please keep posting any more use cases you would expect to be addressed.

Thank you,
Prachi