Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Alin Dosoniu <ad...@hotmail.com> on 2006/01/18 16:17:24 UTC

t:inputCalendar onchange not working in IE

Hi,

I want to submit the form when the value of a t:inputCalendar is changed.
If I give to onchange attribute a value like this:
onchange="document.forms['calendar:calendarForm1'].submit();",
it works on Firefox but does not work in IE.

If the value is like this:
onchange="this.form.submit();",
it does not work on Firefox nor on IE. The error that I get on Firefox is this
"this.form does not contains any parameters"

Is there another way to submit on value change?

Thank you,
Alin.

Re: t:inputCalendar onchange not working in IE

Posted by Alin Dosoniu <ad...@hotmail.com>.
Hello,

Thank you for page suggestion. I tried what is explained there, but it still
cannot work on IE. I found an explanation of the "problem" here:
http://ewbi.blogs.com/develops/2004/12/ie_changing_a_t.html
It looks that IE calls the onchange only when the control looses the focus.
In this case, the input control (type = "text") used to store the date does
not loose the focus, so the onchange is not called.
I ended up displaying the Submit button and will click on it to have the
page refresh.

Alin.

Have you looked at this page?

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/SubmitPageOnValueChange