Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by sh...@barclays.com on 2016/05/23 15:18:31 UTC

HBase checkAndPut Support

Hi Team,

We are evaluating use of Phoenix in our project. We are using CDH 5.5.2. One of our use cases is to update the HBase row only if the value in a column (version) is greater than or equal to the current value. Using HBase core APIs we can achieve this by checkAndPut but I could not find any similar mechanism via Phoenix.

I have followed the discussion in the following JIRAs and it looks like this is something which will be available only in a future release. Can you please advise if there is a work around available otherwise it will be a blocker for us.

Thanks
Shalandra Sharma

This message is for information purposes only, it is not a recommendation, advice, offer or solicitation to buy or sell a product or service nor an official confirmation of any transaction. It is directed at persons who are professionals and is not intended for retail customer use. Intended for recipient only. This message is subject to the terms at: www.barclays.com/emaildisclaimer.

For important disclosures, please see: www.barclays.com/salesandtradingdisclaimer regarding market commentary from Barclays Sales and/or Trading, who are active market participants; and in respect of Barclays Research, including disclosures relating to specific issuers, please see http://publicresearch.barclays.com.