Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Eric SCHAEFFER <es...@posterconseil.com> on 2000/04/11 12:50:49 UTC

File upload

Hi,

I want to use "File Upload", but I don't see how to do this with Cocoon. I
don't know if I can do it with a HttpServlet or if I need a Servlet...
(I use Apache as the Web server, and JServ)

Can you help me ?
Thank's a lot,
Eric.

_______________________________________

Eric SCHAEFFER
eschaeffer@posterconseil.com

POSTER CONSEIL
118 rue de Tocqueville
75017 PARIS
FRANCE
Tel. : 33-140541058
Fax : 33-140541059
_______________________________________

------------------------- http://ApacheCon.Com --------------------

Re: File upload

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Eric SCHAEFFER wrote:

> Thank's.
> I've found the com.oreilly.servlet.MultipartRequest class, work's well.
>
> Can't something like this be integretated in Cocoon ? (taglib, etc..)

Hmmm, why? can't you just use the servlet as a service?

Oh, you mean to XML-ize the output of tha servlet so encapsulate the
service into tags?

Well, I think this should be included in the "input upload" general
problem that we are trying to address on cocoon-dev with XForms and
such. We should move this overthere.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: File upload

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Eric SCHAEFFER wrote:

> Thank's.
> I've found the com.oreilly.servlet.MultipartRequest class, work's well.
>
> Can't something like this be integretated in Cocoon ? (taglib, etc..)

a) it's probably best integrated into the servlet engine, not cocoon

b) the license prohibits us from including it anyway, i think. it's got a
screwball license by which every member of the development team must own a
copy of the o'reilly servlet book to use the com.oreilly classes in a
commercial project. whatever.

- donald

Re: File upload

Posted by Eric SCHAEFFER <es...@posterconseil.com>.