Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Volkmann, Mark" <Ma...@AGEDWARDS.com> on 2002/09/12 20:15:14 UTC

state of JAXM support

Glancing through the javadoc for the RC1, it seems that the classes for JAXM
support are present.  However, none of the Axis documentation ... outside
the javadoc ... mentions JAXM support.  Is this an indication that those
classes are still under development and shouldn't be used yet?

WARNING:  All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received or
someone other than the recipient.

Re: state of JAXM support

Posted by David Chappell <ch...@sonicsoftware.com>.
The bigger question is what does Sun plan to do with JAXM going
forward?  They intentionally ripped out SAAJ so it could be used in
JAX-RPC without having any dependencies on JAXM.  The last time I
checked, JAXM was not slated for J2EE 1.4. However, its part of their
JWSDP and mentioned in EJB 2.1 as a candidate for an MDB listener.  I'm
not sure that Sun is clear about JAXM's future.
Dave

> "Volkmann, Mark" wrote:
>
> Glancing through the javadoc for the RC1, it seems that the classes
> for JAXM support are present.  However, none of the Axis documentation
> ... outside the javadoc ... mentions JAXM support.  Is this an
> indication that those classes are still under development and
> shouldn't be used yet?

> WARNING: All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received or
> otherwise recorded by the A.G. Edwards corporate e-mail system and is
> subject to archival, monitoring or review by, and/or disclosure to,
> someone other than the recipient.

Sonic Software - Backbone of the Extended Enterprise
--
David Chappell <ch...@sonicsoftware.com> Office: (781)999-7099
Mobile: (617)510-6566

Re: state of JAXM support

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Mark,

We (try!) to support SAAJ (which was split away from JAXM). See
http://java.sun.com/xml/downloads/saaj.html for details.

Thanks,
dims

--- "Volkmann, Mark" <Ma...@AGEDWARDS.com> wrote:
> Glancing through the javadoc for the RC1, it seems that the classes for JAXM
> support are present.  However, none of the Axis documentation ... outside
> the javadoc ... mentions JAXM support.  Is this an indication that those
> classes are still under development and shouldn't be used yet?

> WARNING:  All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received or
> otherwise recorded by the A.G. Edwards corporate e-mail system and is
> subject to archival, monitoring or review by, and/or disclosure to,
> someone other than the recipient.
Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
http://news.yahoo.com