Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Darren Petrie <dp...@anteon.com> on 2003/03/11 17:26:02 UTC

XInclude recursion

Is anybody using XInclude in a recursive manner?  I've been XInclude
non-recursively for awhile w/o problems but recently tried to XInclude
an XML file with it's own XInclude.

According to the XInclude specification it should be recursive but it
doesn't appear to work in Cocoon.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/

There was some traffic on this subject a few months back but no
resolution.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=102865442913967&w=2

Any XInclude recursion success stories out there?

Thanks,
Darren

Re: XInclude recursion

Posted by Charles Yates <ce...@stanford.edu>.
Cocoon's pipeline transformation model makes this sort of recursion
difficult to implement.  You could write a tranformer to do this, but it
would be simpler to have multiple XIncludeTransformers in the pipeline.

Charles