Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by Marek Wiewiorka <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/03 09:59:40 UTC

HTable size in Kylin UI

Hi All - I came across a weird situation - when I check Kylin segments
sizes in Kylin web ui they
are like half the size reported by hadoop fs -du (of course I'm writing
about the size without considering replication) - e.g.:

*HTable:* KYLIN_G9RQOGC1HD

   - Region Count: 169
   - Size: 840.33 GB
   - Start Time: 2015-07-01 01:00:00
   - End Time: 2016-01-01 00:00:00

vs
hadoop fs -du -h -s /hbase/data/default/KYLIN_G9RQOGC1HD
1.6 T  4.1 T  /hbase/data/default/KYLIN_G9RQOGC1HD

Do you know what might be the cause of this discrepancy?

Thanks,
Marek

Re: HTable size in Kylin UI

Posted by Marek Wiewiorka <ma...@gmail.com>.
The thing is wrongly displayed for all the HTables - and it's always 1/2
the size reported by hadoop du.
Sound like a systematic error to me.
Has anybody experienced sth similar before - I will try drop the cube and
will try to reproduce it again.

M.

Re: HTable size in Kylin UI

Posted by Jian Zhong <he...@gmail.com>.