Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Randy K. Secrist" <to...@secristfamily.com> on 2001/12/14 14:48:03 UTC

Tomcat 4 Service & SSL

I spent an evening this week setting up Tomcat with SSL  - generating the certificate and configuring Tomcat.  I was able to get it to work - Hooray!

However I noticed a problem that I haven't seen documented anywhere.  After I uncomment the SSL connector in server.xml - Tomcat 4.0.1 will no longer start as a service (using windows NT 2000 server.)  It does however start using startup.bat....

I am using a self generated ssl key - having followed the instructions in the documentation.  Can anyone tell me if it is possible to run ssl with it running as a service - and if not, is this a documented issue that will be resolved in future versions of Tomcat?

I don't think it is necessary that i post anything connector xml here, but if anyone thinks it might be necessary - i'll do it..

Thanks...

Randy