Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/09 13:57:14 UTC

Disk throtling on KVM - shared storage - works ot not ?

Hi,

I'm wondering if disk throtling on ACS44 or later works on shared storage
(limiting number of IOPS and bandwtih, on compute offering)

I know this does NOT work (shared storage) on ACS 4.3, I'm wondering if it
is there in 4.4/4/5 ?

We are using KVM.

Andrija Panić

Re: Disk throtling on KVM - shared storage - works ot not ?

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Andrei,

A reboot of the guest OS is just yet another activity of the VM, from the hypervisor pov the machine is on and running.
That's why you need stop/start (which I imagine is what ACS does).

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com>.
Hi Guys,

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Thx guys !

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andria,

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

On 03/09/2015 03:53 PM, Andrija Panic wrote:
> Hi Wei,
>
> thanks for info - it is CentOS 6.x and libvirt 1.2.3 (manually
> compiled with RBD support) and also custom version of QEMU
> (original stock qemu from CentOS 6.4, patched by Inktank for RBD
> support)
>
> So this is the reason I guess ?
>
> Do you know if it works with Ubuntu 14.04 - I plan using this for
> new ACS installation?

Works with 14.04 out of the box. It has Qemu 2.0

Wido

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wei,

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.