Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Rob Outar <ro...@ideorlando.org> on 2002/10/24 18:27:32 UTC

Setting fields

Hello,

	Is there is way to set a field once it has been associated with a document?
For example if I have a field named filename, and the file is renamed I now
need to update the field filename with the new name of the file.  I did not
see any setter methods on Field.  The only solution that comes to mind is to
fetch the document based on it's URL, remove it from the index, then read it
with the new value.

Let me know,

Thanks,

Rob