Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Thomas Lloyd <th...@yahoo.com> on 2010/04/12 20:21:12 UTC

Who maintains Rivet

Hi List,

Who currently maintains Rivet if anyone. Do people have an opinion of
how sustainable Rivet is into the future?

Tom

Re: Who maintains Rivet

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it>.
Tom, you have to check consistently if you're using a compatible itcl
package before doing anything. Check with your preferred package manager
which dependencies has your itcl installation or, from the shell, run
'dpkg -s itcl3'. It should tell you every relevant information.
I don't know how Debian packages map to Ubuntu's, but package itcl3
(3.4~b1-2) from 'squeeze' is compiled against tcl8.5. If you can get the
corresponding package for your installation you might end up with a
usable system.

 -- Massimo

Re: Who maintains Rivet

Posted by Karl Lehenbauer <ka...@gmail.com>.
I agree with Damon.  We are up on Tcl 8.5, but 8.6 is still in beta.

This version of Itcl should work for you with Tcl 8.5... itcl3.4b1.tar.gz  -- It's not really a beta, it's just bad naming.

Re: Who maintains Rivet

Posted by Damon Courtney <da...@tclhome.com>.

Re: Who maintains Rivet

Re: Who maintains Rivet

Posted by Karl Lehenbauer <ka...@gmail.com>.
There are a few of us.  Every single page on flightaware.com is generated with Rivet, and we are growing and a top 250 website.