Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Darren Gilroy <DG...@CONSONUS.com> on 2001/03/20 19:49:45 UTC

Portlets with Forms

All -

Hi, does anybody have or know of a tutorial or How-to or sample code that
outlines creating a Portlet with a form?

A good example of this would be a "current weather" Portlet that accepted,
and optionally stored, the users' city. When the user enters their city the
portlet refreshes to the same portal page, with the new portlet content. Of
course any similar portlet would be applicable.

Any ideas/suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!
-best-darr-

Re: Portlets with Forms

Posted by Niels Wagner <ni...@ping-tec.de>.
Hi,

I try to solve a similar question at the moment. Let's ask the question in a
more general manner: How do I write interactive portlets. That means passing
parameters to a specific portlet.
Unless you use applets (like the java.sun-example) you have to refresh the whole
page. O.k. , but what is a good way to pass some dynamic parameters to the
portlets? A context like servlets, the persistence service, the PortletSet ... I
don't know which way to go at the moment. It's all very new.

So if some one has a general approach or a hint, i would also be very thankful.

Kind regards

Niels

ping-tec
N. Wagner