Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de> on 2019/04/04 14:37:41 UTC

New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Hi all (crossposting to l10n@),

Since we are now able to export language files from Pootle [1], we might
discuss about adding some new languages to the planned AOO 4.2.0
release. Our Developer Builds would be a good place to test them in advance.

We have several "candidates". Some (not all) that come to my mind:

 - Arabic: UI at 98%. Our last release was 3.4.1 so this would be a
"comeback". But no active translator at the moment?

 - Armenian: UI at 59%. Tigran is really working hard day by day to get
this fully translated.

 - Estonian: UI at 97%. Taavi had a good start (we could import a lot of
strings) and finishes the remaining parts.

 - Kabyle: UI at 95%. No active translator at the moment?

 - Romanian: UI at 73%. No active translator at the moment?

 - Ukrainian: UI at 85%. No active translator at the moment?

For all languages above I have built unofficial binaries for Windows:
https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-L10n/

Feel free to download and test. I can renew them if needed (and enough
translation is added).

Regards,

   Matthias

[1] https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi all,

Estonian UI is at 100% now, Armenian is constantly getting translated
(now at 75%).
At least these two languages should be in the next Dev Build.

The other 4 languages still need an active translator, so I would rather
wait for volunteers.

Regards,

   Matthias

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.
+1 from me too.

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Mechtilde,

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello,

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Jim,

Am 30.04.19 um 14:13 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> Just a FYI that the list of langs we build for are set in the build scripts located in
>
>     https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/devtools/build-scripts/4.2.0-Dev1
>
> so we need to ensure that if we do decide to add new langs (or remove old ones) to keep those scripts in sync.

Yes, but if we decide to add new languages that would be for Dev2 with a
new set of scripts.

BTW: For Windows the packaged languages are defined in a pack.lst:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/devtools/build-scripts/4.2.0-Dev1/wntmsci/Pack-dev.lst

Regards,

   Matthias

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Jim,

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Muḥend Belqasem,

The project is building developer test builds of Apache OpenOffice 4.2.0.

Your language is at 95%. Please respond so that we can discuss doing a test build and possibly release once we are ready and the Kabyle translation is 100%,

Regards,
Dave

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Muḥend Belqasem,

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello

Am 19.05.19 um 08:49 schrieb Mechtilde:
> Hello,
>
> now Finish Ui translation is completed.

now UI translation Catalan (Valencia RACV) is finished too

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Bidouille <oo...@free.fr>.
Sorry, seems to be a bad copy/paste from text processor.
I will try to be careful next time

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello at all

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Thanks Mechtilde!

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Thanks Mechtilde!

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello,

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi all,

Localized development builds (AOO 4.2.x/Windows) for Armenian, Estonian,
Kabyle, Arabic, Ukrainian and Romanian are online!

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Tigran,

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello,

now all languages from pootle with underscore in their name are uploaded
too.

Kind regards

Mechtilde

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello,

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Mechtilde,

Am 15.05.19 um 09:14 schrieb Mechtilde:
> Hello,
>
> the recent *.sdf files are unter
> http://home.apache.org/~mechtilde/SDF-Files/

Great, can you commit Armenian and Estonian?

I will merge them to AOO42X and begin to build...

Regards,

   Matthias

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello,

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Tigran Zargaryan <ti...@gmail.com>.

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello,

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi all,

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Taavi,

Am 09.04.19 um 21:29 schrieb Taavi Kaevats:
> Hi all,
>
> FYI, Preliminary translation to Estonian is now complete.
> I will continue to smoothening out different areas now.

Great!

We just committed the translation to source. I will try to build a test
version for Windows on the weekend.
This can help you to find things to improve.

Regards,

   Matthias

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Taavi,

Am 14.04.19 um 19:21 schrieb Taavi Kaevats:
> Hi, Matthias
>
> Thank you for the upload.
> After previous test build i have reverted back to 4.1.6 on my current machine.
> I tried to apply newest langPack for 4.2.0, but install wizard stops
> and asks explicitly for main program 4.2.0
>
> Shouldnt the languagepack be backward compatible?

No, it never was... [1]

Regards,

   Matthias

[1] https://www.openoffice.org/download/full_vs_lp.html