Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2003/08/25 20:45:14 UTC

Re: [Mason] Can't locate object method "new" via package "Apache::Request"

K Old wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 13:13, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>K Old wrote:

>>>Randy,
>>>
>>>Ok, yes, this worked...to a point!  I pulled down fresh copies of the
>>>modules from CPAN, unpacked, build and tested with another user.  All
>>>tests were successful with Apache::Test with the normal user, but I had
>>>to go to root for the tests for libapreq1.2 as my webserver needed the
>>>root user to start FrontPage services.  Doing the make test for
>>>libapreq-1.2 all test fail and I get this in the t/logs/error_log:
>>>
>>>[Mon Aug 25 08:49:12 2003] [error] Can't load
>>>'/home/admin/libapreq-1.2/blib/arch/auto/Apache/Cookie/Cookie.so' for
>>>module Apache::Cookie: libapreq.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No
>>>such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-linux/DynaLoader.pm
>>>line 206.
>>> at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/mod_perl.pm line 14
>>>Compilation failed in require at
>>>/home/admin/libapreq-1.2/t/response/TestApReq/big_input.pm line 9.
>>>BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
>>>/home/admin/libapreq-1.2/t/response/TestApReq/big_input.pm line 9.
>>>Compilation failed in require at (eval 4) line 3.
>>
>>That's a known linking problem. It has been fixed in the cvs, get the cvs
>>instructions from http://httpd.apache.org/apreq/.
>>
>>Joe, may be a new 1.x version should be released?
>

> Stas,
>
> I've downloaded the CVS, unpacked, built and tested with a not root
> user, and still received the same errors as before.
>
> Here's the syntax I'm using for build, etc:
>
> (CVS version)
> perl Makefile.PL
> make
> make test
>
> (Module from CPAN)
> perl Makefile.PL
> make
> make test
>
> then
>
> ./configure --with-apache-includes=/usr/include/apache
> make
> make install
> perl Makefile.PL
> make
> make test
>
> Is there anything I'm not doing right?
>
> I've tried to disable the FrontPage stuff so that the non root user
> should be able to start apache without the errors, but either by root or
> non root user I get the same error messages regarding Cookie.so and so
> forth.

That probably means that my patches weren't applied. K Old, see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apreq-dev&m=105965131008577&w=2

Does it solve the problem for you?

Re: [Mason] Can't locate object method "new" via package "Apache::Request"

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
[please don't lose K Old from the CC, I'm not sure he is on this list]

Joe Schaefer wrote:

>>>Stas,
>>>That did it!  And to answer your question, no it doesn't look like
>>>your changes were committed.
>>
>>Joe, Steve, so what was the outcome of the MM patching? I thought
>>Steve has supplied a better patch, but it looks like the problem is
>>still there.
>

> I have no problem with current cvs on linux, using either 5.8.0 (old MM)
> or 5.8.1-RC4 (new MM).

It works for me too:

K Old, can you test with the latest MakeMaker?
http://search.cpan.org/author/MSCHWERN/ExtUtils-MakeMaker-6.16/

We may need to require this version of MM.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> writes:

> [moving this to the apreq-dev list]

[...]

--
Joe Schaefer

Re: [Mason] Can't locate object method "new" via package "Apache::Request"

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

K Old wrote:

[...]

>>That probably means that my patches weren't applied. K Old, see
>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apreq-dev&m=105965131008577&w=2
>>
>>Does it solve the problem for you?
>

> Stas,
>
> That did it!  And to answer your question, no it doesn't look like your
> changes were committed.

Joe, Steve, so what was the outcome of the MM patching? I thought Steve has
supplied a better patch, but it looks like the problem is still there. Should
my patch go in?

Certainly need to fix this before making a new release.

Re: [Mason] Can't locate object method "new" via package "Apache::Request"

Posted by K Old <ko...@kold.homelinux.com>.
On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 14:45, Stas Bekman wrote:
> K Old wrote:

> >>That's a known linking problem. It has been fixed in the cvs, get the cvs
> >>instructions from http://httpd.apache.org/apreq/.
> >>
> >>Joe, may be a new 1.x version should be released?
> >

> > Stas,
> >
> > I've downloaded the CVS, unpacked, built and tested with a not root
> > user, and still received the same errors as before.
> >
> > Here's the syntax I'm using for build, etc:
> >
> > (CVS version)
> > perl Makefile.PL
> > make
> > make test
> >
> > (Module from CPAN)
> > perl Makefile.PL
> > make
> > make test
> >
> > then
> >
> > ./configure --with-apache-includes=/usr/include/apache
> > make
> > make install
> > perl Makefile.PL
> > make
> > make test
> >
> > Is there anything I'm not doing right?
> >
> > I've tried to disable the FrontPage stuff so that the non root user
> > should be able to start apache without the errors, but either by root or
> > non root user I get the same error messages regarding Cookie.so and so
> > forth.
>
> That probably means that my patches weren't applied. K Old, see
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apreq-dev&m=105965131008577&w=2
>
> Does it solve the problem for you?

Stas,

That did it!  And to answer your question, no it doesn't look like your
changes were committed.

Thank you so much for your assistance with this!  I really appreciate
it!

Kevin
--
K Old <ko...@kold.homelinux.com>