Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Abhinandan Prateek <Ab...@citrix.com> on 2012/07/05 06:09:33 UTC

tampa eap feature branch

This question is basically for the community members managing git repo for cloudstack.
There are community devs and other members interested in playing around or provide patches for new features being offered in the upcoming release of Xenserver Tampa.
It may not be a good idea to checkin such alpha quality code in the main branch. So can we request the community for a new feature branch in git repo for Tampa features ?

-abhi

Re: tampa eap feature branch

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 12:09 AM, Abhinandan Prateek
<Ab...@citrix.com> wrote:
> This question is basically for the community members managing git repo for cloudstack.
> There are community devs and other members interested in playing around or provide patches for new features being offered in the upcoming release of Xenserver Tampa.
> It may not be a good idea to checkin such alpha quality code in the main branch. So can we request the community for a new feature branch in git repo for Tampa features ?
>
> -abhi

Abhi:

You don't need permission to do this (or rather, your status as a
committer grants you all the permission you need.)
Topic branches are great for this kind of thing.

--David