Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2013/08/10 20:39:42 UTC

Tomcat Gump Builds

Dear Tomcat devs,

we'll be reducing the set of projects built by Gump pretty soon.  We'll
still build the projects Tomcat depends on and re-enable nagging for the
Tomcat builds itself.

Mark inidicated it would be good to reduce the set of Tomcat related
projects built by Gump by removing ancient versions.  Right now we have

jakarta-tomcat-40.xml
jakarta-tomcat-5.xml
jakarta-tomcat-catalina.xml    (5.5 branch)
jakarta-tomcat-connectors.xml  (5.5 branch)
jakarta-tomcat-jasper_tc4.xml
jakarta-tomcat-jasper_tc5.xml
tomcat-connectors-native.xml   (trunk)
tomcat-taglibs.xml
tomcat-tc6.xml
tomcat-tc7.xml
tomcat-trunk.xml

Do you want to keep anything beside tc7 and the trunk builds?
Do you still want Gump to build the standard taglib?

The only dependees of Tomcat require the 4.x version and we wouldn't
build them in the future anyway.

Please note that we intend to hand back our FreeBSD jail so the only
platform Gump will be using will be Linux (Ubuntu 10.04 right now).

Cheers

        Stefan

Re: Tomcat Gump Builds

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Mark,

On 8/11/13 7:08 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 10/08/2013 19:39, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> Dear Tomcat devs,
>>
>> we'll be reducing the set of projects built by Gump pretty soon.  We'll
>> still build the projects Tomcat depends on and re-enable nagging for the
>> Tomcat builds itself.
>>
>> Mark inidicated it would be good to reduce the set of Tomcat related
>> projects built by Gump by removing ancient versions.  Right now we have
>>
>> jakarta-tomcat-40.xml
>> jakarta-tomcat-5.xml
>> jakarta-tomcat-catalina.xml    (5.5 branch)
>> jakarta-tomcat-connectors.xml  (5.5 branch)
>> jakarta-tomcat-jasper_tc4.xml
>> jakarta-tomcat-jasper_tc5.xml
>> tomcat-connectors-native.xml   (trunk)
>> tomcat-taglibs.xml
>> tomcat-tc6.xml
>> tomcat-tc7.xml
>> tomcat-trunk.xml
>>
>> Do you want to keep anything beside tc7 and the trunk builds?
>
> I don't think there is anything controversial in these replies but
> please speak up if you don't agree.
>
> Yes. Please keep tomcat-tc6.
>
>> Do you still want Gump to build the standard taglib?
>
> Yes please.
>

> For the sake of clarity, the full list of builds to keep is:
>
> tomcat-connectors-native.xml   (trunk)
> tomcat-taglibs.xml
> tomcat-tc6.xml
> tomcat-tc7.xml
> tomcat-trunk.xml

Sound good to me: everything else is currently officially unsupported.

-chris

Re: Tomcat Gump Builds

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 10/08/2013 19:39, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Dear Tomcat devs,
>
> we'll be reducing the set of projects built by Gump pretty soon.  We'll
> still build the projects Tomcat depends on and re-enable nagging for the
> Tomcat builds itself.
>
> Mark inidicated it would be good to reduce the set of Tomcat related
> projects built by Gump by removing ancient versions.  Right now we have
>
> jakarta-tomcat-40.xml
> jakarta-tomcat-5.xml
> jakarta-tomcat-catalina.xml    (5.5 branch)
> jakarta-tomcat-connectors.xml  (5.5 branch)
> jakarta-tomcat-jasper_tc4.xml
> jakarta-tomcat-jasper_tc5.xml
> tomcat-connectors-native.xml   (trunk)
> tomcat-taglibs.xml
> tomcat-tc6.xml
> tomcat-tc7.xml
> tomcat-trunk.xml
>
> Do you want to keep anything beside tc7 and the trunk builds?

I don't think there is anything controversial in these replies but
please speak up if you don't agree.

Yes. Please keep tomcat-tc6.

> Do you still want Gump to build the standard taglib?

Yes please.

For the sake of clarity, the full list of builds to keep is:

tomcat-connectors-native.xml   (trunk)
tomcat-taglibs.xml
tomcat-tc6.xml
tomcat-tc7.xml