Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be> on 2008/05/11 16:06:28 UTC

Re: svn commit: r655309 - in /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop: fo/FObj.java layoutmgr/AbstractLayoutManager.java

On May 11, 2008, at 14:22, adelmelle@apache.org wrote:
> Author: adelmelle
> Date: Sun May 11 05:22:22 2008
> New Revision: 655309

> Log:
> Make the LM clean up on end-of-layout, if possible.
> Added clearChildNodes() method to FObj to release the reference to
> the FO's children.

FWIW, I don't think it helps /that/ much yet, but it seemed like a
sane thing, and didn't break anything, so I decided to commit it anyway.

In theory, this should provide a bit more room once the area-
generation begins. Blocks, inlines and lists will now release the
references to their children once their last area has been added to
the tree...

The larger documents I tested it on did also have large tables so
maybe that explains why the effect was not immediately visible to me.
For table-elements, something similar might be possible, but I
couldn't get that to work just yet, hence why I decided to move it
into checkEndOfLayout() for the moment, which is only used by the LMs
I modified a few days ago to get page-number-citation-last working.

Andreas