Posted to user@spark.apache.org by matd <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/09 09:24:52 UTC

spark ec2 as non-root / any plan to improve that in the future ?

Hi,

Spark ec2 scripts are useful, but they install everything as root.
AFAIK, it's not a good practice ;-)

Why is it so ?
Should these scripts reserved for test/demo purposes, and not to be used for
a production system ?
Is it planned in some roadmap to improve that, or to replace ec2-scripts
with something else ?

Would it be difficult to change them to use a sudo-er instead ?

Re: spark ec2 as non-root / any plan to improve that in the future ?

Posted by Mathieu D <ma...@gmail.com>.
Quick and clear answer thank you.

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.