Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/03 13:43:43 UTC

[log4net] automated builds and some fresh air for the project

Hi,

this is a short heads up about the heavy lifting I'm currently doing win
the CI/CD area. For who does not want to read about this and wants to see
it in action, jump over here and have a look:

https://builds.apache.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/logging-log4net/detail/develop/12/pipeline

Jenkins builds us the following targets:

* net-4.0 (built on Windows)
* net-4.5-cp (built on Windows)
* net-4.5 (built on Windows)
* mono-2.0 (built on a ubuntu docker container)
* mono-3.5 (built on a ubuntu docker container)
* mono-4.0 (built on a ubuntu docker container)
* site (built on Windows, could be migrated to a ubuntu docker container)

Then the ubuntu node takes the results by unstashing them and publishes the
outcome. This site gives an overview of all artifacts:

https://builds.apache.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/logging-log4net/detail/develop/12/artifacts

Stuff that still needs some work to be done:

* unit tests are only run for net-4.0 and this is a spot that needs some
heavy refactoring
* publish a release candidate when a push to a branch release/w.x.y.z
happens
* publish the site when a push to master happens
* build net-2.0
* build net-3.5
* build net-standard
* run manual tests of the assemblies if they actually work
* ... there is surely even more to do

Step forward if you would like to get involved! :-)

Cheers!
--
Dominik Psenner

Re: [log4net] automated builds and some fresh air for the project

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
This is looking fantastic!

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>