Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com> on 2008/02/14 02:17:35 UTC

mvn javadoc:jar does not work from the parent folder?

I'm using the following:

Maven version: 2.0.7
Java version: 1.6.0_02-ea
OS name: "windows xp" version: "5.1" arch: "x86"

I've the following folder structure:

Project
--pom.xml

--module_A
  --pom.xml

--module_B
  --pom.xml

When I issue the following command: mvn javadoc:jar from the top parent
Project level the javadoc.jar files don get generate, and instead I see
the following message:

[INFO] [javadoc:jar]
[INFO] Not executing Javadoc as the project is not a Java
classpath-capable package

But if I run the same command from each module folder, for example, from
module_A the javadoc.jar file is generated!

Do I need to set something, or is this is a know bug? Does anyone know?

By the way, when I run mvn install it works fine from both the parent
level and the modules level, so you'd think the same should apply when
you run mvn javadoc:jar, meaning mvn would go to each module and build
the needed javadoc jar file.