Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Shariq <ms...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/12 16:09:02 UTC

Help getting started on Cassandra development.

Hi,

I am Shariq, and am a working at a open source, middleware company. We have
started using Cassandra since of late mainly to scale our cloud
infrastructure.
I am really impressed at what I have learnt so far, and would love to
contribute to this project. In fact we are contributing to numerous Apache
projects currently.

I have read through the getting started notes etc, and also gone through the
Jira list. I would be much grateful if you guys could point me to some Jiras
that would help
me enter and understand the codebase better. By submitting patches, I am
sure I would be able to gradually learn the entire code stack and contribute
fully to the project and earn commitership :).
Any tips and articles on getting started will be much welcome too.

Thanks in advance,
Shariq.