Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tomislav Petrović <t....@inet.hr> on 2010/11/17 11:09:30 UTC

Problem with Tomcat windows service when user delete/changed

Recently had this problem on customer site.

I've been given one windows user to install Tomcat and my application
under it. Tomcat service+native has been installed and all worked well.

Recently their IT deleted this user and gave me another one for
monitoring and support.
After the did this Tomcat stopped working correctly. Default application
and doc are been served (localhost:8080/ and localhost:8080/docs) but no
other webapp (mine and several others) is working (getting 404s).

I've checked user file premissions and all seem ok.
The problem was resolved by removing Tomcat window service and
installing it again.

Windows 2003 Server, 32 bit, server java sun/oracle 6.0 latest update.

Anyone had similar problems and knows why it happens?

--
Tomy <t....@inet.hr>

Re: Problem with Tomcat windows service when user delete/changed

Posted by Tomislav Petrović <t....@inet.hr>.
Konstantin Kolinko said on 17.11.2010 12:05:
> 2010/11/17 Tomislav Petrović<t....@inet.hr>:
>> Konstantin Kolinko said on 17.11.2010 11:22:

>>> And nothing in the logs?
>>>
>>> Probably it does not have permissions to write them
>>> (as well as write unpacked war files, as well as necessary files and
>>> compiled JSPs in work etc.).  The default app and docs are static and
>>> can be served as is, directly from hard drive.
>>>

>> I had logging on Debug and nothing in logs.
>
> What ever logging is set in the service wrapper applies to the service
> wrapper only,
> and *not* to the java application (here: Tomcat) that it runs.
>
> Without any log messages it is very hard to diagnose anything.

I know, I'll have to try to recreate if I want to investigate further.
I just wanted to know if anyone else had similar experience and/or knows
of a problem.

>> Service was set up per default, meaning it was run under System account and
>> file premissions for System account should be all ok (System account file
>> permissions didn't change when my initial account was removed and new
>> created).
>
> And what is your user account used for?

Me being able to log in, change files, monitor logs, etc....

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tomislav Petrović <t....@inet.hr>.

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.